Week 7




Crazy heat still going, the change is expected in June!! As we begin to wind down for a short break we have reports, parent teacher meeting (3 hrs for one class) and a delightful (I hope) production of a play version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We wrote it ourselves, have cobbled together costumes, many of the boys wearing my skirts or sarongs. Will post pics next blog entry. Techo problems with the latest images.

I have volunteered to begin to explore the closed rather decrepit school museum. Apparently ot has an array of artifacts and other stuff which has not seen the light of day for years. The end game is to have a little tourist attraction but in the meantime a little project and I will engage a group of boys who can use it as their 'community service'. Also more on that next time.

But things are moving on with the restoration after the cyclone, a large water tank is now located adjacent to the water tank tower so service should improve. Weather has occasional coolness, rare but much appreciated. After a weekend away at the Dateline Hotel in Nuka'alofa I'm hoping I have the energy and enthusiasm to last until we leave for Sydney. Lots going on with school bu the usual frustrations with technology and recalcitrant kids, never impolite but don't respond or acknowledge questions. Admittedly English 19th & 20th century poets can be challenges to study but it's directly from the Tonga syllabus.


This is a real long shot BUT I am after 22 copies of the Anne Holm novel I am David to teach my Yr 7 class. We have no money and as you know were recently hit by a devastating cyclone and I am hoping someone can help. I will be in Sydney 30.3-14.4 so if anyone could help. I could pick them up and get them back to Tonga with no postage costs. Your help would be really appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclone summary

Week 5 already